Interoperability in Digital Automation
Industry 4.0 stakeholders feature at the present time an unprecedented level of automation in the field of Autonomous Quality (AQ) and Zero-Defect Manufacturing (ZDM). Different CPS must be able to communicate and interact along the value chain for complex, interoperable, reconfigurable and responsive systems for their products and services in a quite natural manner.
Integration and interoperability are the main drivers for this new industrial context. The lack of interoperability between heterogeneous systems is one of the main challenges hindering the great potential and the huge expectations placed around the integration of IoT and CPS solutions in the industrial context.
Furthermore, the implementation of best practices of Interoperability and Integration enable the value of industrial data for Manufacturing Data Spaces which need a set of common approach related to technology, standardization and industrial protocols. The main purpose of this Open Dialogue is to exchange views and share information, on various methods and techniques as well as best practices that can be applied for interoperability to advance digital technologies in AQ and ZDM. The Open Dialogue is intended to help enhance open discussion on relevant interoperability activities and needs, increase observer engagement, and gather opinions from various stakeholders, relevant parties, and industry.
|10:00 – 10:05||General introduction and opening – Michel Iñigo, Senior Innovation & Technology Manager at MONDRAGON Corporation
|10:05 – 10:25||Session 1: Digital Platforms Open APIs for Interoperability
- Interoperability challenges in building Manufacturing Digital Platforms (Angelo Marguglio, Head of “Digital Industry and Agrifood” R&D Unit, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., Italy) )
- MQTT API and sample use cases (Sebastian Scholze, Senior Research at ATB-Bremen)
- OPC-UA protocol overview and sample use cases (Jorge Rodriguez, Head of “Manufacturing Market at Atos Research and Innovation “, Atos Spain)
|10.25 – 10.30||Break
|10:30 – 10:55||Session 2: Interoperability through Open, Secure Industrial Data Space for ZDM
- Interoperability for Data Spaces (Silvia Castelvi, Senior Consultant at International Data Spaces Association)
- IDS Connector Component (Ronja Quensel, Software Developer at Fraunhofer ISST)
- MONDRAGON Use Case (Felix Larrinaga, Lecturer, Researcher and R&D project Leader at Mondragon University)
|10:55 – 11:00||Open questions and closuring remarks